Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tuesday Tell-all!

Hello readers!
   Monday's meditations was not posted on yesterday because of doctor appointments and my visit to the Social Security Administration. I do apologize because I look forward to posting my experiences and feelings about PD.
   All is well as far as my health is concerned. The same responses from the doctor; "see you next month and here is your prescription refill or for more drugs." Don't get me wrong I appreciate what my doctors do with what they feel they can do for me in this stage of  PD. I'm grateful! I just would like to walk in the office one day and hear them say we have found a cure! One could always hope.
   The second part of my day was spent at the SSA updating my case. Now the SSA does not feel that PD is a disability. That is one thing and the reason that it is not considered a disability for me is because of my young age. On any given day I would find that a compliment :) but it's not. I applied for benefits in 2007 when I had started getting worse and could no longer work. They turned me down. So I filed for an appeal, went through the hearing process and was still turned down. I kept on appealing every decision until I was approved in 2010. My lawyer then appealed for back benefits from 2007 because that's a part of the process. While receiving benefits every month, the SSA turned me down once again for benefits. My lawyer doesn't give up very easy and filed another appeal and recently I have been approved for partial benefits.
   Well, I'm happy about that but what disturbed me were the judges comments about my history with PD. The problem that I have, is that the judge only sees you for that one or two hours, then you're done. In those hours he listens and observes you. I'm fine with that but don't put on paper that you feel that I can work a part time or full time job because of your observations! I can't fully dress myself with some assistance, I don't drive, I walk with the assistance of a person or my walker. I don't cook and do minimal housework and with the medications I'm on, I could injure myself or a co-worker. It's not fair to me or other people, who have PD, and are trying to get benefits.
   I feel better now. I just had to get that off my chest! I'm looking forward to a greater week ahead as we prepare for the birthday of our great nation on July 4th. Keep following me on this journey as we fight for cures and better health care and considerations that PD is a disability just like other conditions and while we don't wallow in being disabled, we deserve what is deserved to us.
~~Lovingly Always A Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment

*ATTITUDE*

*ATTITUDE*
~We Are Not Disabled~

*Hope*

*Hope*
*African Proverb*

*Living with PD*

*Living with PD*
~Choices~

*Strength*

*Words*

*Words*

*Faces of PD*

*Faces of PD*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*