Monday, June 11, 2012

Monday's Meditation~

   I just want to say how grateful and thankful that I made it to the start of a new week! Last week was very difficult and frustrating for me physically as well as mentally. My body went from A to Z in a matter of a day. I went to get a back brace for the back problems that I was having. He increased the dosage of my pain medications and with all the other medications I take, it threw my body completely out of control.
   What is happening to my back is that I have degenerative tissue (I'll explain in another post) so this pain is interrupting my symptoms of PD. The frustrating issue is that I no longer use my cane or walker so I had to pull the cane out. Okay, I'll use it for balance to take the strain off my back. That didn't help so my sister suggested that I need my walker because I can barely walk. Now to me, this is a major setback. The next few days I can barely move at all. My joints are stiff, my tremors have increased and the adjustment to the medication have me nodding like a junkie. :)
   Presently, I can't have this happening to my body right now. I have a son who is now a senior and a daughter entering high school. The two of them are asking what's wrong, why I am going backwards if  I have all this medicine? I don't have any answers while my older son and daughter would like some  answers from the doctor. It got so bad that I stayed in bed all day Saturday only to wake up and take my medicine.
   Yesterday, I got out of bed, and I told my brain to activate my body to come under control. I got up, took my medication, showered and my daughter helped me to get dressed. I started reading some of my posts to don't give up and keep fighting and, although I was in pain, I just started walking around the house then rest, did it again then rest. I kept doing this despite the pain, I commanded my body to do what I needed it to do. I'm not digressing backwards because I have to much to live for. When my time comes where my body is in the last stages, I hope to be in my eighties or nineties. :)  you know what, I'll still be fighting!!
~~Lovingly, Always A Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment

*ATTITUDE*

*ATTITUDE*
~We Are Not Disabled~

*Hope*

*Hope*
*African Proverb*

*Living with PD*

*Living with PD*
~Choices~

*Strength*

*Words*

*Words*

*Faces of PD*

*Faces of PD*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*