Saturday, April 13, 2013

Just One More Thing!

Hello Readers/Viewers,
  This week was a good one! I found myself having more energy and a less pain. Pain is a part of my daily life. I have been to doctor after doctor and for a while I was taking Morphine twice a day.  The bones are deteriorating in my back and my neurologist said it's a result of the PD. Having back pain is no fun! The pain shuts my body down and sometimes causes shortness of breath. 
*NOTE: Neck and back pain are common complaints among patients who have Parkinson's disease. While most references list the general symptoms of Parkinson's as being stiffness, slow movement, and poor balance and coordination, few times is pain mentioned as a primary symptom. Yet, according to the Center for Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders at Columbia University Medical Center, more than half of all patients with Parkinson's disease report experiencing pain. (Read more: Information on Parkinson's Disease and Back Pain @ eHow.com)
   If you're experiencing back pain and there is a medication that gives you relief, please let me know so that I may ask my doctor about it! Have a great week and remember to "Be Brave."
Lovingly, AlwaysADiva



No comments:

Post a Comment

*ATTITUDE*

*ATTITUDE*
~We Are Not Disabled~

*Hope*

*Hope*
*African Proverb*

*Living with PD*

*Living with PD*
~Choices~

*Strength*

*Words*

*Words*

*Faces of PD*

*Faces of PD*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*