Friday, May 25, 2012

Poem: I Choose To Live! (What About You?)


I chose to die in that moment
Rather than face my fears
Rather than choose responsibility
Rather than accept my own power

I chose to drown in that moment
Rather than embrace my capacity
Rather than trusting myself
Rather than swimming back to the boat

I chose to roll over and die
Rather than choosing to live
I chose to panic and give up
Rather than making a choice

Even though my ability I saw
And ample evidence I had witnessed
I still chose to heed my fear
And reject what I knew I could do

I have the power to swim
I have the power to act
I have the power to choose
I have the power to trust in myself

Now I choose to live
I’m not that guy any more
Who chose to drown and die
Instead of believing in myself

Now I choose to live
Responsibility I choose
Trusting in myself I choose
Taking deliberate action I choose

I CHOOSE TO LIVE!
I have the power I know!
I won’t buy your lies!
I won’t roll over and die!

I had the power all along!
You can’t hide it from me any more!
Anything I have the power to accomplish
Anything is within my reach

I choose to live right now
To live in every moment
To act in every choice
To breathe in life anew

To accept what I’ve always known inside
But had refused to believe until now
That I am powerful beyond measure
That anything I want I can do

I CHOOSE TO LIVE

-Jason Westlake
Tues, Mar 22, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

*ATTITUDE*

*ATTITUDE*
~We Are Not Disabled~

*Hope*

*Hope*
*African Proverb*

*Living with PD*

*Living with PD*
~Choices~

*Strength*

*Words*

*Words*

*Faces of PD*

*Faces of PD*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*