Monday, May 7, 2012

Monday's Meditation~



Hi my blog readers,
   This week Monday's Meditation will be about should family or trained medical professionals be your caregiver. For me when I was first diagnosed, it wasn't a big deal for my family. The only times the tremors were noticed were when I was angry or stressed. I had did all types of research PD and was following the doctor's orders so that didn't occur often, in fact if you looked at me on the outside life looked pretty good.
   My family didn't understand what PD was and how it comes in the different stages. I was blessed to stay in stage one for about four years. Around year five I started feeling more stiffness when I would wake  and during the day. The tremors were occurring more often when I should have been in my down time (in between dosages).  My family began to notice facial expressions and they noticed I was walking differently, signs that I had not really paid attention to. This is when they begin to ask me "what is wrong with you?" I told the doctor the new symptoms and they informed me that I was progressing to early stage two.
   For me early stage two progressed very fast and this is when my family and I had decisions to make because I needed more help in day to day living. I have a wonderful mother who would move heaven and hell for her children. God bless her! But I would not burden her with trying to take care of me when my selfless sister was taking care of her.
   God blessed me with four beautiful children; two are grown and two are in their teens. My eldest child, a daughter, took on the responsibility of being my caregiver. She has sacrificed a lot and put her life aside to take care of me. Believe me people it has not been an easy task for her! There have been times when I felt so bad that she was taking care of me when, in my mind, I felt I should be caring for myself. It was battle of the wills. :) My other children have now learned how to take care of me so she can have more time for herself and they are doing great. The funny thing is that I never wanted children but I thank God everyday that he blessed me with all four! By the way my daughter's name is Angel! Appropriate right. I think so.
   If we had to do it all over again, we would go with a trained professional. They have no emotional ties and they don't care about your pity parties. It's their job and they get paid to handle patients, their emotions and problems professionally.
Lovingly Always A Diva































No comments:

Post a Comment

*ATTITUDE*

*ATTITUDE*
~We Are Not Disabled~

*Hope*

*Hope*
*African Proverb*

*Living with PD*

*Living with PD*
~Choices~

*Strength*

*Words*

*Words*

*Faces of PD*

*Faces of PD*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*