Monday, October 8, 2012

Monday Meditations~

Hello,
  It's been awhile since I wrote a meditation for Monday. I usually have in my head what I want to write the night before. I meditate and visualize. That might sound strange to you but for me it's not. My mind is the one thing I'm holding onto or the one area that I am determined that Parkinson's won't get! When I have to take those medications that have side effects on the brain and mind, it makes me fight harder to stay in touch with reality. Reality meaning I know the difference between what is real and what is not.
  PD almost took my mind and my way of thinking away because of "depression." I had such a hard time of losing my life before PD, that it caused me to sink into a life of despair. Then when I was prescribed  medicines to control the depression, they interacted with the PD medications and that sent me spinning me further from reality. You see my mind was all that was left that PD had not invaded and I wanted it to stay that way. Thank God I have good doctors with knowledge of PD that I am able to live a life with some sense of normalcy.
  Now when I close my eyes and dream or meditate, I see myself not having PD. PD and its symptoms no longer take over my mind as it has my body. I am free from pain and shaking. (smile) I  interact with people and enjoy life once again to the fullest. I am not taking medications everyday three or four times a day. I am whole again! That is the hope that myself and many of us living with PD have to hang onto because if we don't...we are back on the journey to nowhere but down.
Lovingly, Always A Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment

*ATTITUDE*

*ATTITUDE*
~We Are Not Disabled~

*Hope*

*Hope*
*African Proverb*

*Living with PD*

*Living with PD*
~Choices~

*Strength*

*Words*

*Words*

*Faces of PD*

*Faces of PD*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*