Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Tuesday Tell All!

   I am posting this week on whether you can have an intimate relationship or keep the relationship together if you are living with PD. Speaking from my own personal experience, I have not been able to maintain a relationship. 
   When I was first told that I had PD, I was with my now ex-husband. He was very supported with what I was going through and helped me through the first stage. I was blessed to have him in my life at that time because I was an emotional wreck. We did not divorce because of PD but of other issues that sometimes creep into a normal marriage. He still keeps in touch with me and would do anything to help me. 
   As I began to approach stage two of PD, I was in a relationship with someone who eventually gave up because I required a little too much time. He wanted the normal Diva not the Diva who needed balancing between medicines and doctor appointments (lol). I felt a little upset, at first, that he responded that way but I understood his feelings. Living with PD was a disruption for me and my loved ones so I couldn't blame him because he didn't understand what I go through on a day to day basis.  
   I sometimes miss having someone in my life but I don't dwell on being without a significant other. I'm feeling good right now at this stage of PD. The doctor's have me on medications that are working for my body and my children and family are a great source of support for me. I enjoy sharing my life by posting on this blog and I'm thankful. It could be worse!
    I believe that if you don't have grounded and solid relationships or marriages before you are diagnosed with any disease, it won' t work. So if you do have that person who is willing to go the distance, appreciate and love them daily!
~~Lovingly Always A Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment

*ATTITUDE*

*ATTITUDE*
~We Are Not Disabled~

*Hope*

*Hope*
*African Proverb*

*Living with PD*

*Living with PD*
~Choices~

*Strength*

*Words*

*Words*

*Faces of PD*

*Faces of PD*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*

*Live, Love and Enjoy Life*